Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up: Red, White, Blue, and a Birthday Too!



We are all recovering from a super fun and exciting Fourth Of July weekend. On Saturday morning the celebration of Independence Day started early as the girls were invited to ride in a classic car in a nearby town's parade. 

















The parade was really fun, and we love hanging out in that town, so it was a great way to spend the morning. These little ladies felt very special. 




We spent the rest of the afternoon into the evening hanging out at our swim club. They throw a very big and very fun fourth of July party every year with cute games for the kids and good wholesome fun. When the sun started going down, we quickly headed to the fireworks. I am a fireworks lover. Don't ask me why, but I still get excited like a little kid when I see fireworks.

By the time we got home, it was 10:00 pm and I hadn't packed or laundered the towels or wrapped Pink's gifts for our early morning departure to the beach. Dr. Fabulous wanted to leave at 6:00 am the following morning, and since I had to stay up until almost midnight to get all that crap done, it was definitely a morning necessitating multiple cups of coffee. 

The great thing was that there was no traffic that early on a Sunday morning, and we arrived in time for breakfast and a full day at the boardwalk and beach. 












My brother-in-law and sister-in-law just bought and renovated a cute house on the bay in a quiet beach town and they have extended us so much hospitality, opening up their beach home to us whenever we can come down. 









Our kids get along so well -- we ALL get along so well -- so it ends up being a super relaxing and fun time. After a full day, we spent the night grilling steak and shrimp, and watched more fireworks right from their dock while enjoying frozen margaritas. We launched right into another day at the beach before a seafood lunch out at a marina before heading home.






The fun thing was that we were able to celebrate Pink's 11th Birthday at the beach. She is officially a 'pre-teen' now. I have a 20 year old, a pre-teen, and one who will be turning "double digits" this winter. And my "baby" will be 8. 

I mean... wow.  Just, wow.




I know I'm biased as her mother, but Pink is seriously a light in this world. Kind, compassionate, helpful, and honest, this kid is a gift to our family. Despite the self-consciousness that afflicts her at times, she does her best to let her gifts shine and be true to herself. She inspires me to be a better person everyday. I can't explain how proud I am to be be her Mom. 



So, another birthday has come and gone. We have a pre-teen in the house, but I'm not really worried.




Happy Birthday, Pink. My fourth of July baby who is growing up too fast... but growing up to be a beautiful human being on the inside and out. 


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What beautiful times and photos! Yes, your girls are growing up and each is as lovely as ever. I think your Pink has soul in her eyes --happy birthday to her and happy birthday day to you.

Unknown said...

i miss your blog

Anonymous said...

We hope everything is going well for you and your family. We all miss your blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails