Wednesday, December 3, 2014

So Fancy



We've been Oh, So Fancy around here lately.  This is of course "old news" for those who see me on a regular basis, but since I'm so behind in "bloggy world" I'm just throwin' it all out there.

I am delayed in posting about the adorable father-daughter dance held at our elementary school. Dr. Fabulous was lucky enough to have three dates.




He sent me little video clips all night and though I was supposed to be working on a writing assignment, I couldn't concentrate. I just kept enjoying these little videos of all the dancing and cuteness. Made me wish I was a fly on the wall. He was one of only a handful of dads with three "dates" for the evening. As such, he won a gift card from the D.J.

It was to a liquor store. Go figure.


Dr. Fab and I also had the chance to "Fancy up" for a gala. We don't typically dress like this, by the way. The event's theme was "American Bandstand." I channeled the disco era and he was bringing forth his inner Travolta, complete with accompanying dance moves. 


Super fun catching up with friends, old and new!


There was more fanciness when my two nieces attended their first high school homecoming dance. I'm not going to embarrass them by posting their photos on their old-hag aunt's goofy blog. The day of the dance, we did nails and drove around to find pantyhose and just spent time being about the evening. I feel like I'm 15 again just being with these little ladies, and it's cool. Because I'm a much better 15 year old at 46. They make me feel young. And old, at the same time.

Let us not forget about the fancy Thanksgivingness!!  It is my absolute favorite holiday because it involves eating yummy food I didn't prepare.  I absolutely LOVE traditional thanksgiving food and my mother-in-law can cook a mean Thanksgiving dinner! It's great because there are no gifts to buy and because I never have to host. There is nothing to clean, cook or do.  Gotta love that.

My in-laws started a family gingerbread house decorating tradition several years ago and it's still going strong. They added cookies to the mix too. The kids love it and we all get hopped up on the sugar as half the trimmings go in the belly, not the gingerbread house!







We ended our holiday weekend with our town's 'Lights On Main Street' and Tree Lighting. When we first moved here four years ago, the tree lighting was pretty small and quiet.  Maybe, like 20 people came. Now, it is an incredible event with carriage rides, trackless train, vendors up and down the street... 




Santa, the Grinch and this year - Elsa, Anna and Olaf. 
And guess who was first in line to meet them?  


The holiday season is officially upon us. Let the countdown begin! 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails